You are the only you that will ever be. You are kind of a big deal.
– Jen Sincero
The following are answers to questions commonly asked about the life coaching process. If you have additional questions, please contact me so we can chat!
Who can benefit from personal development coaching?
Personal development coaching is for anyone who wants a change. This includes a change in career, lifestyle, habits and more. For instance, some of my clients have successfully…
- Left unfulfilling careers and opened businesses
- Changed professions or employers (sometimes after many years of discontentment)
- Increased in confidence after a break-up or loss and started dating again
- Found new love
- Learned to set healthy boundaries and value themselves
- Become skilled at managing their mindset
- Accomplished goals they had been procrastinating about for years, such as organizing their home, losing weight, going back to college, and more
What happens during the coaching process?
First, we will schedule an initial complimentary call. This gives us an opportunity to build rapport, talk about your coaching needs, and discuss the coaching process.
Then, if we decide we would be a good fit for coaching, we will schedule your Discovery Session.
During this two-hour session, we will create a precise vision for your coaching experience.
- Clarify what you want from coaching
- Examine your values and how well they are integrated into your life
- Explore your unique gifts and talents
- Consider the limiting beliefs and obstacles that might be in your way
- Map out our work together
At the end of the Discovery Session, we will then schedule your first life coaching session and get started!
Throughout our work together, I will help you consider and utilize your strengths. You will gain insight into the negative thought patterns and habits that might be slowing down your progress and create new ones that support what you want for your life.
Each new accomplishment will boost your confidence and ignite your momentum. The coaching experience will help you feel renewed, energized and excited about your life!
How long do people generally work with a coach?
Coaching is a very individualized process, and so the length of time needed to work together varies.
Generally speaking, to fully experience the effectiveness of a coaching program, an initial six-month commitment is recommended. This provides time to develop a trusting relationship with me as your coach, take a deep dive into exploring your goals and aspirations, and receive support to manage your mindset as you pursue the steps in your action plan.
What is expected from the coaching client?
To be successful, you must be fully invested in the coaching process.
This means being…
- Open-minded and willing to try new things.
- Diligent in completing assignments in-between sessions. These might include brainstorming, written assignments, reading, lifestyle/habit changes or anything else that will help you progress towards your goals.
- Willing to communicate honestly and directly.
- Consistent with attendance and timely with payments.
How is coaching different from therapy or counseling?
While life coaching is supportive, it is not therapy or any other type of mental health care. Coaching is distinct from therapy or counseling because it is not designed to address psychological issues. Coaching is not intended to be a replacement for counseling, psychiatric interventions or treatment for mental illness or substance abuse. The primary focus of coaching is to help you identify your goals, achieve them and develop constructive habits and skills. It is to help you create the life you want!